- Food that is low in fat content is good. Unless that fat is poly-unsaturated, mono-unsaturated, or omega 3. These are some of the good fats. Some of the bad fats are trans and saturated fats. These fats raise your LDL cholesterol, which is the bad cholesterol. The good fats lower your LDL cholesterol and raise your HDL cholesterol, which is the good cholesterol.
- Low sugar content is another plus.. Sucrose is the bad kind of sugar. Glucose is the good kind of sugar. Both are sugar, so both are classified as sugar, on the label. For example, raisins that don’t have sugar added still have a lot of sugar, because it’s the good sugar, glucose.
- A variety of food. Fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins and minerals, which you need, but you still need some other vitamins and minerals. For example, not much protein comes from fruits or vegetables. Meat, beans, and tofu are good sources of protein. If you can’t get your vitamins and minerals from the food you eat, you can always take a multivitamin.
2. Exercise is key for a healthy lifestyle as well. Go to the gym every once in a while, or daily. Or take a run around your neighborhood. Even taking your dog for a walk is good. So long as it’s routine, about an hour, and is at least moderately active. Frequent and routine exercise everyday helps boost the immune system; helps prevent the “disease of affluence” such as: heart disease, cardio vascular disease, diabetes, and obesity. It also improves mental health, and prevent depression.
3. Dedication. It’s not easy to go from a couch potato to a healthy person. Don’t be discouraged if you satisfy cravings for ice cream, hamburgers, etc. As long as you don’t have a steady diet of unhealthy food, it won’t hurt you too much.
4. Don’t Yo-yo diet! Do not yo-yo diet. Yo-yo dieting is bad for you and even if they sound healthy, once you stop that diet you can pile on the weight in just a couple of days! Stay away from slimvfast, soup diets and diets which you have to eat or drink contents from a packet.
5. Don’t abuse your body. Don’t work out too much because it can cause your body to not function properly when you work out. It is best to leave a day or two off to get back your energy.
6. Regulate your weight. Being too fat or skinny isn’t good for you. Your doctor can tell you if you are under or over weight. Exercise and the food you eat can change your weight, so keep that in mind.
7. Stay Clean. Everyone should have 1 shower per day. Another if you have had a particularly hot or sweaty time. Put on an antiperspirant after your shower. Change your underwear and socks every day, too.
8. Enjoy Yourself. Don’t stress yourself over anything. Have fun! Stress can tense your muscles, which will make you feel unhappy and unwell. If you worry too much about your health, you’ll be making it worse, so just relax once in a while.